Oct 15, 2012

The Quilted Moose

I took another field trip while I was in Omaha. I just HAD to visit The Quilted Moose in Gretna, NE. I recently purchased Four Seasons at Minglewood  (I did a book review about it here) that the owner of The Quilted Moose published. The shop was also featured in American Patchwork and Quilting magazine Quilt Sampler magazine in 2007. 

After breakfast Saturday morning, my other BFF, Anne, and I headed out of town, with her husband as our chauffeur. The shop was fabulous and worth the 30 minute trip from downtown Omaha. It had all the fabrics that I just love-Jo Morton, Blackbird Designs, French General, etc. She also had wool and Diawabos-two specialties that are so hard to find! I was not as good as I was at the quilt show and all restraint went right out the window. I bought 2 yummy pieces of orange  plaid wool to make some pumpkins out of, a few fat quarters of Jo Morton's for my "collection" and ordered a book for my next applique project. 

The shop owner, Deb, was soooo sweet. I loved chatting with her. She told me that I could take all the pics I wanted to in her shop, but I was so busy taking it all in that once I got home I realized I only took a few photos and that I didn't capture the feel of her shop at all! I will share these three with you and apologize for not taking more. If you are ever in the Omaha or Lincoln area, this shop is worth the trip! 

Anne loves Diawabos and these quilts were gorgeous examples of how to use them.

The quilt on the left is The Quilted Moose's quilt that was featured in Quilt Sampler magazine--it was on the cover!

Here is Deb-surrounded by fabric! 

No comments:

Post a Comment