Oct 22, 2012

Atlanta Sewing and Quilting Expo

Last Friday my youngest daughter, Melissa, and I went to the Sewing and Quilting Expo in Atlanta. We make a semi annual tradition of this-going in March to the sewing expo and in October to the sewing and quilting expo.

This year's quilts were really pretty, so I took some pictures to share with you. There were several exhibits that were really unusual and interesting.  I hope you enjoy them.









I love applique and this was my favorite quilt at the show. The photo does not do it justice at all. There are many different blue fabrics used for the backgrounds and all of the applique is done in black and white fabrics. 


This quilt is actually more striking in a photo than in person. Because it was so big, you needed to stand way back from it to see it best.

This quilt is TINY!! The little blocks in it were about 1" square!

I loved the man and his sax!

There are so many talented people out there!

This exhibit was fun! It was multi panels that traveled Rte 66 from Illinois to California.

This is one of the stops on Rte 66.


The remaining pics are all from a really cute exhibit of house shaped wall hangings. They were about 12 X18". There were several with a quilt room theme or with quilters sewing in the house. These are a few of them to show you the variety of ideas that different quilters came up with. My four year old granddaughter, Sofia, enjoyed this exhibit best. :)







Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment