Mar 28, 2012

Sewing Tools

I am a firm believer that the right tool makes the job so much easier. I am a gadget girl and all of my friends know it. One of my favorite things to do at a quilt show is to check out the new tools the vendors have. 

I use my gadgets too. I have a bobbin holder that I love. It is one of those rubber donut things that holds about 20 or so bobbins and keeps them from unwinding and getting into a  big tangled mess in the drawer. There are other options-the bobbin tower, bobbin buddies, bobbin cases, etc-but this is one that works for me. I tried MANY seam rippers until I found just the one that felt right in my hand. I have many, many rulers in all shapes and sizes-each with a specific purpose. I know I could get by with just a few, but when I am squaring up a half-square triangle block or making a kaleidoscope block, having a special ruler makes the job so much easier. 

Knowing that I love gadgets, my friend Anne sent me an awesome birthday gift~a nose hair trimmer. Now, I know what you are thinking and you could not be further from the truth. I do not have any nose hairs that need trimming. :) Anne has discovered that this little gadget is the most awesome seam ripper ever! If you just pick a couple of stitches at the beginning of a seam, then you can take out the rest of the seam in the blink of an eye with this nifty nose hair trimmer-I mean, seam ripper. I was a little skeptical to begin with, but it really is awesome.  And you don't have to worry about it tearing a hole in your fabric either-it only rips the threads you want to remove. 

If you are a gadget girl like me, you really need to invest in a new seam ripper (AKA nose hair trimmer) of your own.



No comments:

Post a Comment