Mar 10, 2012

Sewing and Quit Expo

Yesterday my youngest daughter (along with her three girls) and I went to the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo in Atlanta. I love quilt shows and though this one does not have a lot of quilts to look at, there are some really nice vendors.  This show is geared more for sewing-in October there is another show in Atlanta where the focus is more on quilting. 

Hands down, my favorite vendor at this show (or ANY show where they are) is Primitive Gatherings!!! Lisa Bongean is sheer primitive genius! I love her fabric, her wool, her books-everything!! When I visit her booth at a show I WANT IT ALL :) Yesterday was no exception. And Lisa is such a sweetheart. She always has time to chat with you and talk about her latest project. This time we talked about my granddaughter, Sofie, and her recent discovery of sewing. Lisa was kind enough to look at pictures of Sofie sewing and even gave her a 2" charm pack of her very own for her next project! If Lisa wasn't already my fave, she would be now. What better way to win a Grammy's heart than to show such kindness to her grandchild?

Since we got home Sofie has been anxious to sew. We will be starting on a new project today with her charm pack. It is so fun to pass along my love of quilting!

Lisa Bongean and Sofie

No comments:

Post a Comment