Sep 22, 2015

Chattanooga Quilt Show



Last week was the AQS Quilt Show in Chattanooga. Pam, Anne, Judy and I made the trip and spent two fun-filled days---shopping, looking at quilts, having show-and-tell, eating out, and laughing. It is always so good for my soul to get away with girlfriends for a few days--and if it involves fabric too, even better!!

I thought you might like to see some of the quilts in the show, if you weren't able to make it. The quilts definitely leaned to the more modern side-there were only a handful of traditional quilts. So, most of my pictures are of bright, modern quilts. I hope you enjoy them.











 The bird on the right is beautifully appliqued-the bird on the left was just as beautifully quilted. It was titled Me and My Shadow.

This was my favorite quilt! It was entitled A Slice of Pi. She even quilted "Pi" in the borders-3.141592....... I love a quilter with a sense of humor :)




Here we are with the Best Of Show quilt.

This was an interesting exhibit. Cherrywood Fabrics sponsored a challenge based on Wicked. There were a lot of terrific quilts-and we each got to vote for our favorite. 

I hope you enjoyed a little peek at the show. Tomorrow I'll show you what I bought. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello ladies !!
    Thank you for sharing Marcia ! The quilts are awesome !!
    I saw the exhibit of Cherry wood fabrics at Paducah !! Spectacular no ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a mixture of quilt styles to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your photos, I don't get to many shows. The Pi quilt is my favourite too.

    ReplyDelete