Jul 4, 2013

Edyta Sitar's Trunk Show and Lecture




Last Friday Edyta Sitar was the guest speaker at our monthly quilt guild meeting. She also taught workshops on Thursday and Saturday. I think everyone was inspired by this energetic young lady!



Edyta brought 80 quilts to show us! And each and every one of them was fabulous. Everyone who knows me knows that I am not a fan of batiks, but after looking at Edyta's traditional quilts of batiks mixed with print fabrics, I think I could learn to like them.



Edyta's lecture was titled Reasons For Quilts. She spoke about falling in love with fabric at an early age, her introduction to quilting by her mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law, and the many reasons she loves to quilt. 



Edyta's quilts were as varied as the reasons that women quilt-whether it is for a new baby, to celebrate a wedding or other special occasion, or to showcase a favorite fabric. 



Some of her quilts were pieced, some were appliqued and others were a mixture of the two. 


Edyta has written many quilt books. I own two of them and love them. Both were gifts from a friend. The first one I received is titled Friendship Strips and Scraps. I love house quilts and the one of the front cover is gorgeous! The second book of Edyta's that I have is  Reasons for Quilts. It is a wonderful book, full of inspiration and beautiful quilts. A CD is included in the book with the patterns for nine of the quilts featured in the book. 

I took my books with me and Edyta was kind enough to autograph both of them. She was delightful to chat with and she posed for pictures with my friends. 




I left the meeting with a heart full of admiration for a very dedicated quilter. Her fabrics, quilt designs and books are an inspiration for all quilters. 

Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment