Jun 24, 2012

YEAH!!! Finally Finished!

I am not sure who is more thrilled with the fact that Matthew's quilt is finally finished. I gave it to my friend Judy, who was sweet enough to quilt it for me on her longarm. Bless her heart, she was so frustrated with her machine while working on it-it kept making thread nests on the back of the quilt and breaking the thread. Not a fun way to quilt a big quilt!

Judy and I met up at our favorite quilt shop and I got the quilt back from her on Friday. Saturday morning I sewed the binding on and I spent the afternoon and evening hand stitching binding. This morning I finished the last side and sewed on the label.

This afternoon was my granddaughter, Sofie's, 4th birthday party. It was the perfect opportunity to give the quilt to Matthew. And since he is recently engaged (yeah!!) to Elise, I presented it to the two of them. And here they are with their finally finished, brand new quilt! Check this one off my UFO list!


And I had to give credit to my friends who helped me get this one finished!


Lesson learned-it doesn't matter how long it takes, finishing a quilt always feels good. Happy quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment