Oct 8, 2013

Quilt Expo

WOW! I can't believe it's been a month already since I blogged last. And I can't believe how much has happened in that month! 

First, Tisha, my good friend and quilting buddy from England came for a two week visit. She arrived on Thursday, September 19 and we hit the ground running. Pam and Anne were also here (from South Carolina) and the three of us were at the airport to greet Tisha. On Friday, the four of us were joined by Judy and we headed north to the Quilt Expo in Marietta. My daughter, Melissa met us there and we all had a great time looking at the quilts and shopping :)

Here we are outside the Expo! Pam, me, Tisha, Judy and Anne-we're ready to head in and start having quilty fun.


















The quilts were an unusual mixture. There was definitely something there for everyone. From the most traditional......






To traditional with a twist.....





Some were small, but the time that went into them was evident....






Some were definitely for those that enjoy art quilts.....




But, the quilt that fascinated me the most was this one!


I took a close up shot of it so that you can see why it intrigued me so much. It's made up of thousands of tiny squares!! I can't even begin to imagine the time and energy that went into this piece of art! Gorgeous!


When we left the show we made a stop for Starbucks and then headed to our favorite quilt shop in the area. It was a fun day and we hated to see it end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment