Aug 31, 2013

Back to School

Earlier this month we had our annual family back to school tea and now school is in full swing. I have tried to be at the first day of school for each of my grands since the first year of preschool with the oldest. I have been pretty successful, with only 2 misses. (I missed Chloe's first day of preschool this year because we were on vacation, :( but I drove her to school this past Tuesday and walked her to her class-only to have her tear up and break my heart!)

This was a year of change for four of my granddaughters. Sofia started to Kindergarten on the 7th. New school, new teacher, new kids.....lots of anxiety. But she did fabulous and had a wonderful first day. Now she hops out of the car in the mornings and eagerly hurries to her class. 




















One week later was the first day of school for Katelyn, Emily and Madison. They are attending a new school this year too because they are building a new home and will be moving in the next few weeks. Katelyn is in 5th grade this year, Emily is in 3rd and Madison is in 2nd. They are loving their new school, making new friends, and settling in quite well. 


Chloe was the last school start this year. She is three years old now, so she is in 3K. She's attending the same preschool she went to last year and still loves it. 


It's always sad to see summer end, but new school supplies, the smell of textbooks and the routine of the school year have always been a comforting rite of passage in the Autumn. My granddaughters seem to love school as much as their moms and Grammy did. I hope you have a great year, girls! 

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes to all the girls; that they have a great school year ahead of them!

    ReplyDelete