Apr 30, 2013

Practicing Feathers

I know that practice, practice, practice is what is going to improve my quilting. I really love the look of feathers, so I have been watching videos, reading books and studying pictures. And I have been practicing with my sit-down long arm. 

I am a LONG way from perfection, but I now can recognize my efforts as resembling feathers. I am also learning to echo quilt around them. I am trying to find a few minutes every day to sit down at my machine and practice on my muslin sandwich. 




















My goal is to someday be able to do beautiful feathers in the border of a quilt. It may be a few more months, or even a year, before I get there~but I am hoping with enough practice it will finally happen. 

Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

  1. What machine are you quilting with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I have a HQ Sweet Sixteen. It's a sit down long arm. I love it--lots of space to move my quilts, but it doesn't take up a lot of floor space!

      Delete