Dec 9, 2013

Black and White Quilt

Why, oh why, do I do this to myself? I have started another quilting project with a short deadline! In fact, I have three projects to make between now and Christmas. Let's see if I can do this! 




















I have always liked black and white quilts, so I have collected black and white fabrics for years. I made a black and white quilt for my oldest son several years ago. It was a king size quilt, so it made a dent in my stash, but didn't deplete it. :)















Even after I finished making this quilt I continued to pick up a new black and white fabric from time to time. There were some really cute ones that just spoke to me. Now I have found a new quilt to make with them. 

I have all the fabric cut for my new project. All 810 pieces! Ninety blocks. Ninety elongated nine-patch blocks. Now I just need to start a chain piecing marathon. 

This is going to be a race against the clock. I think I can do it. I have my house decorated for Christmas and I'm almost finished with my shopping. So I have "time on my hands"-haha! I'll keep you posted of my progress.


Happy Quilting and Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment